1999-present: Proprietor, Rail Cents Enterprises, Wallingford, PA
- Broad range of railroad consulting, such as for Canadian Pacific, Finger Lakes Railroad, Jacobs Engineering, Schlumberger, Wordley & Martin, Norbridge, Camden Iron & Metal, Nye County Nevada, and McCain Foods USA.
- Broad range of railroad subcontracting, such as for Strategic Rail Finance, Railroad Development Corporation, Communication Architecture, Amtrak, Main Line Management, Penn Eastern Rail Lines, and East Penn Railway.
- Broad range of research, such as for hazmat risk reduction, short-haul economics, and right-of-way abandonment.
1990-1999: Director, Conrail Flexi-Flo, Philadelphia, PA
- Managed Conrail's in-house network of bulk transloading terminals, where responsibilities included operations, sales, capital budgets, personnel management, process control, regulatory compliance, and strategic planning.
- Number of terminals expanded from twelve to sixteen, while revenues and contribution to overhead doubled.
- Oversaw the creation of modern equipment and procedures for the safe transloading of flammable hazmats.
1984-1989: various Marketing Department positions, Conrail, Philadelphia, PA
- Created 21 new proprietary bulk transloading terminals as Manager, Intermodal Bulk Marketing.
- Developed tank container traffic and new intermodal lane as Intermodal Business Development Analyst.
- Developed Ford and General Motors traffic as Automotive Business Development Analyst.
1977-1983: various positions with CSX and predecessors
- Atlanta GA: Sales Representative for Georgia Railroad, Atlanta & West Point Railroad, Family Lines
- Madisonville KY: Assistant Trainmaster in charge of night operations in the western Kentucky coal fields
- Jacksonville FL: Budget Analyst for SCL Industries where worked on SCL's first five-year plan
- 1975-1977: Northwestern University, MBA with triple major in finance, operations research, and transportation
- 1971-1975: US Army in TX, AL, and GA; last 19 months as Assistant Operations Office for Assault Helicopter Company
- 1967-1971: Yale Univerisity, BA with major in economics
- Married with three grown children and two grandchildren